2013 to present:
Morgan Stanley – New York, NY
Executive Director / Enterprise Infrastructure
Program management in the office of the CTO.
- Managed the Target State Architecture program, delivering principles, standards, and reference architectures for infrastructure, by domain area. Achieved a 400% increase in strategic output by implementing effective program management. Coupled with a technical architecture review process, this reduced risk and redundancy in infrastructure across domains.
- Initiated pilot and POC programs to apply these strategies to emerging technology programs through a DevOps program - reducing database infrastructure provisioning from days to hours, reducing storage footprints through DB cloning, and delivering self-service capabilities to enhance developer productivity.
- Stood up the MS Cloud program, working with technology and business groups to stand-up governance, identify and manage stakeholder groups, complete initial contracting with cloud service providers, document requirements for initial cloud application frameworks, and manage an initial set of POCs in public cloud.
- Program management of Wealth Management technology projects including a platform refresh in retail branches, which addressed end-point performance concerns and improved financial advisor satisfaction levels. Also delivered lab infrastructure for Wealth Management software development to facilitate more agile software delivery and improve competitive advantage with retail clients.
2007 to 2013:
2006 to 2007:
Bridgewater Associates – Westport, CT
Delivery Manager / Application Portfolio Manager
Project portfolio delivery in Infrastructure and Client Service departments. Successfully led several software and infrastructure projects and contributed to transforming delivery processes and organizations.
- Created the Infrastructure PMO, building a delivery team and defining structures for portfolio governance, project management, and quality control leading to a a transformation in the consistent delivery of infrastructure technology with oversight for a $100M+ portfolio of projects which addressed key infrastructure and security risks.
- Introduced portfolio governance, software lifecycle management, and project and resource management processes in Client Service leading to consistent repeatable delivery against program roadmaps for reporting, CRM, workflow, and knowledge management applications. Successfully led the delivery of multiple internal business productivity applications to enhance effectiveness of client service advisors.
- Transformed an innovative financial risk modeling software program, leading to eight successful on-time releases in 2012, where only one release had been delivered the year prior. Stabilized technology team, strengthened business alignment, and introduced innovative tools for monitoring and improving team performance.
- Pioneered effective delivery processes and tooling including the introduction of Agile Scrum, supported by the Rally development platform, and the implementation of MS Project Server for improved portfolio, knowledge, and resource management.
McLagan Partners /Aon Consulting – Stamford, CT
Chief Operating Officer / Chief Technology Officer
Transformed technology infrastructure and development operations for leading global compensation consulting firm with staff in Stamford, Chicago, San Jose, and London.
- Restructured technology organization and staffing model to support more agile software development processes and improved quality.
- Developed a web-based global reporting platform using offshore development partner in Bangalore. Pioneered the outsourcing model for managed delivery resulting in faster delivery and lower costs.
- Integrated acquired Radford infrastructure platforms into the Aon/McLagan infrastructure, migrating 200 global users from outsourced CSC infrastructure. Managed project planning, vendor relations and budgeting with CSC, Radford, McLagan and Aon teams. Resulted in annual cost savings of $700k, better integration of the two business units, and improved service quality.
- Led project to upgrade technology infrastructure to a virtualized platforms with SAN storage to improve infrastructure capacity management, allow for sustained growth at current staffing levels, and provide for effective disaster recover and business continuity.
2000 to 2006:
Allegient Systems, Inc. – Wilton, CT
Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Transformed a human capital legal service organization into the leading provider of litigation management software as a service
- Developed a technology organization to develop and support one of the first SaaS platforms in the P&C industry.
- Developed the architecture and supporting platform for an Internet-based high-volume transactional system that supported several thousand active users across the US and Canada. This fully redundant platform achieved a greater than 99.8% availability.
- Led the development of the Allegient System, an industry-leading litigation management software solution that engages law firms and their clients in collaborative invoice review, case management, budgeting, and litigation workflow, including business intelligence tools, dashboards, and a balanced scorecarding tool.
- Negotiated partnerships with technology vendors to stand up a highly-available SaaS cloud platform.
- Provided executive sales support including leadership at user conferences and symposiums, product demos, and executive client reviews. Guest speaker at Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) and National Association of Insurance Litigation Management (NAILM) conferences. Represented Allegient Systems as an active member of the LEDES organization. Contributing author to the XML billing format as part of the LEDES 2000 subcommittee.
Prior Career Experience
Bristol-Myers Squibb - New York, NY
Director of Technical Development
Led the technology team at corporate headquarters to develop a suite of internal productivity applications while also transforming an unreliable technology platform for key financial consolidation systems. Established a software development lifecycle and processes, solidified the systems platforms, introduced project management disciplines, and a technical training program. Was also a technology contributor to the executive eBusiness council chartered with pursuing electronic internet based business systems and processes. Reported to the Corporate CIO..
Oxford Health Plans (United Healthcare) - Norwalk, CT
Director of Business Technologies
Led the development of an innovative multi-tier system for tracking case-rated episodes of care. This application was featured in several technology publications including ComputerWorld. Head of business systems development responsible for the project management, planning, and implementation of all internal business systems. Led a staff of 100 IS professionals representing all business areas.
Received the corporate High Performance Award in recognition for achieving high impact results for the firm.
| || |
Pepsi-Cola International - Somers & Valhalla, New York
Led the development of a cross-application reporting tool for marketing, purchasing, and beverage case sales applications and a franchise operational decision support application. Also lead software developer for internal consumer beverage applications with global reach.
PwC (Coopers & Lybrand) - Westport, CT
| || |
Education and Affiliations:
University of Connecticut
MBA - Finance & Management
Western Connecticut State University
BS - Mathematics / Computer Science
Member of the Society for Information Management www.simnet.org
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) - https://www.scrumalliance.org/community/profile/pmarafiote
Technical Security Officer (TSO) Certification at Morgan Stanley
Member of Project Management Institute - Project Management Professional (PMP) in progress. www.pmi.org
Volunteer with iMentor.org - mentoring relationships that empower students from low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. https://imentor.org/mission-and-work
Linked In - profile, endorsements and references http://www.linkedin.com/in/patmarafiote